Monday, November 3, 2008

Greer's Ferry Lake

Let's see if I can play catch up and fill everyone in on the most recent events. Let's take a look back to the end of...err...sometime in September. We decided to take a day off of work and drive up to Arkansas where we could relax and hopefully do a little water skiing. Ross had been in town helping on the farm for a few weeks and before he drove back up to Montana, Jane and Tucker and Les and I thought it would be fun to get together. We all made the 6 hour drive north through the Delta, up through Little Rock, and finally to Greer's Ferry Lake. I was in the midst of studying for the GRE and spent a lot of time studying, and it was a relaxing place to study. But, one can't study the entire time and to fill the non study time we rented a ski boat with a giant tube and a water ski. We had the lake to ourselves and after Lesley and Ross showed me how it worked I took a turn on the Tube. It was a lot of fun. Next Lesley and Ross tried out the water ski. I thought I would take a turn. Well, it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be but it was fun. After an afternoon of skiing we went back home to enjoy the evening. The next day we went to Mountain View. Now I could tell you about Grape Vine Betty and the planters peanut jar filled with mysterious clear liquid, but I suppose it is Arkansas and who stops on the side of the road anyhow. I think you needed to be there to appreciate that side trip. After Grape Vine Betty's we found ourselves in the little town of Mountain View. In mountain view they love bluegrass, dulcimer making, and whittling, not to mention candle making, soap making, knife making, wood working, pottery, baking, black smithing, herb growing, booze making and other handy crafts. We enjoyed the Ozark Culture park and all of the hand made crafts that can be found there. After the park we headed into town to enjoy the sights and sounds. It was a great break from the daily grind....... Here is a video of my first tubing experience.

1 comment:

JJCMOMMA said...

Way to goooooooo!!!! What a fun time you must have had tubing on the lake. I remember doing that in North Carolina a couple of years ago. Aunt Lorree was so scared!!!!! She hung on for all her might!!!