
This was our first Christmas season in our new home in Texas, so we had FUN starting new traditions, decorating "our first home", and celebrating our Christmas here before venturing to Colorado to celebrate Christmas day with Jeremy's family. We got our very first Christmas tree. The past two years Jeremy and I lived in a small apartment, so we were not allowed to have a tree per the apartment complex. They were considered a fire hazard, so we got our first tree and Jeremy and I set aside an evening to decorate it.

Jeremy and I were each given ornaments by our parents every year growing up, so our tree was a reflection of each of our lives.

We had fun sharing stories and memories with one another as we pulled our ornaments out of the boxes.

Our parents continue to give us shared ornaments, so we had fun hanging those on the tree and acknowledging the symbolism in them of the life we've chosen to share together.

I started our stocking tradition and had fun knitting and felting our stockings. This is Jeremy's.

And this is mine. I found the pattern at a yarn shop in Montana when I was up there for Ross's birthday. I knew right away that it was time for another project.

After having so much fun decorating and getting in the Christmas Spirit, we decided to have his department over for an end of semester/holiday party. We had a wonderful evening of great food, good conversation, and fun games! There was lots of laughter and celebrating as the semester was over and folks could relax into the Christmas Spirit!

Jeremy and I celebrated our own little Christmas the morning before we drove up to Colorado. We decided to make it a theme of stocking gifts , and we could only give each other things that would fit in our new stockings. It was our own little Christmas moment, and it was wonderful!

Cloud Dancing was not forgotten. She loved her new toy!
No comments:
Post a Comment