Lynn Farms is now in the business of growing sweet potatoes.
Ross drove the tractor as my dad, Greg (his right hand man), Jeremy and I frantically tried to keep slips in the planting wheel as the tractor moved along. Newt helped finish it up when the second shipment of slips came in. There was a lot of laughter. Conversation happened when we came to a stop, but I discovered that you couldn't focus on keeping up with the planter and trying to have a conversation at the same time. My hand eye coordination and my reflexes were greatly strengthened.
It was quite the team building experience, and I think we would all agree that it was a lot of fun! Now it's time for harvest... I got word from Ross that they just cut the sweet potato vines today, so they should begin harvest late next week. I'm hoping to make it over there for a few days to observe the harvest process and see what the yield is like. If all goes well, they are thinking about planting 50 acres next year. So, to all of our blog readers out there, support our farmers and eat more sweet potatoes!




1 comment:
How fun! And yummm.... I'll think of you and smile the next time I pop a sweet potato fry! I hope the harvest goes well.
Post a Comment